The talented and much-honoured Newfoundland actor, writer, and director Mary Walsh was our guest when we made this recipe. She was very happy with the result. In fact, Mary wanted the recipe right away, to prepare it for relatives who were visiting. I hope they liked it as much as we did.
- Yield: 4
- 2 baby brie, (170 g) each
- 8 sheets of phyllo pastry, thawed
- clarified butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) partridgeberries
- baby greens for salad
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup (125 ml) pure maple syrup
- ½ cup (125 ml) blueberries
- ½ cup (125 ml) bakeapples (cloudberries)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Cut baby brie cheeses in half vertically. Butter 2 sheets of phyllo with clarified butter and lay one sheet atop the other. Place half a cheese in middle of pastry and top with a portion of partridge berries. Pull up sides of pastry and twist to make a purse. Repeat process until all is used. Place purses on baking sheet and bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden. Be careful not to burn pastry
- Toss baby greens in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste. When purses are ready, place on top of individual salad servings. Drizzle with maple syrup and garnish with blueberries and bake apples.