- Yield: 4 Servings
For the Omelette Mix
- 1 x 400 g block of firm tofu
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup (120 g) gram (chickpea) flour
- 3 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (180 ml) aquafaba (juice from a tin of chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
For the Frittata Filling
- scant ¼ cup (50 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 300 g new potatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- Handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 100 g vegan cheese, grated (optional)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
How to Make It
- Put all the omelette ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry the potatoes for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat, add the onion and red pepper and cook for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and then pour in the batter mixture to completely cover the vegetables. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the grill and cook under a very low heat – if you are adding vegan cheese do it now – for 10 minutes.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, garnish with the parsley and serve hot.