This decadent frozen dessert takes ice cream to a new level, and it couldn’t be easier since the preparation time is only 15 minutes. I brought it along to a summer barbeque, and it disappeared before my eyes! One bite reminds me of my favorite frozen caramel coffee drink at the coffee shop. Drink your coffee and eat it too!
- Yield: 14 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 28 Oreos, crushed into crumbs
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
- 0.33 cup (45 g) chopped pecans
- 0.33 cup (60 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 0.33 cup (75 ml) caramel ice cream topping sauce
Make the crust
- Combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter in a medium bowl. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 in spring form pan. Set aside. Make the filling
- In a large bowl, stir the frozen whipped topping and ice cream together until softened and combined evenly. Spoon the mixture into the prepared crust. Cover and freeze for about 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Top with pecans and chocolate chips. Drizzle with caramel sauce.