- Yield: 4 Dozen
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ 4 teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 1¼ cups (125 g) certified gluten-free oat bran
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking powder
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 3 (1.4-ounce, or 40-g) Enjoy Life boom CHOCO boom dark chocolate bars, chopped into 1-inch (2.5-cm) chunks
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- In a bowl, mix together oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add oat bran, flour, and baking powder and mix. While mixing, slowly pour in the water until the dough is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by tablespoon onto a baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 4 inches (10 cm) apart (about 6 cookies per baking sheet). Cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden around the edges and soft in the center. Let cool on baking sheet for less than 10 minutes. Remove with a spatula and place on a fl at surface to cool completely.