No take-out curry order would be complete without ordering this dish, yet it can be made in minutes in your own home using very straightforward ingredients.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1-cm/½-in. piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 18-oz (500-g) can passata/strained tomatoes
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 14-oz (½ x 400-g) can coconut milk (ideally the thick, creamy part of it which has separated)
How to Make It
- Put all the ingredients except the coconut milk into the multi-cooker, making sure the chicken goes in last so it doesn’t stick to the bottom during cooking.
- Secure the lid in place and set to Poultry for 15 minutes. At the end of cooking, use the QPR method. Add the coconut milk, stir and keep warm in the pot until ready to serve. Serve the curry on Cauliflower Rice or basmati rice.