A combination of ice cream and chocolate mousse that comes together to create something simply sublime.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 200 g dark couverture chocolate, chopped
- 2 extra large eggs
- 2 extra large egg yolks
- 80 g castor sugar
- 375 ml whipping cream
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- 100 g chopped toasted pistachios
How to Make It
- Have 8 glass moulds or ramekins of your choice ready to pour the dessert into when done. To make the Semifreddo
- Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl placed over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Do not stir the chocolate until it is completely melted as this could cause it to seize. Set aside. Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk continuously until the mixture is thick, pale and fluffy. Remove from the heat and whisk with a handheld beater, until completely cooled.
- Fold the melted chocolate and set aside. Whisk the cream to the soft peak stage and fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into the glass moulds and freeze for 5 hours or until completely set. Decorate with fresh raspberries and pistachio nuts and serve immediately.