- Yield: 2 CUPS
- 1½ cups well-stirred full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 0.66 cup coconut palm sugar
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons (45 grams) chickpea flour
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 0.33 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (optional)
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, water, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, flour, and salt. Cook over medium heat for 7 to 9 minutes, whisking until blended, smooth, and thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the coconut oil (it does not need to be completely blended); let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled chickpea mixture to a food processor. Add the vanilla and espresso powder; process until blended and creamy.
- Transfer the spread to an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator and use as a spread in the same manner as chocolate-hazelnut spread.