- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (⅓ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- ½ cup vodka or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon coarse (kosher or sea) salt
- 0.12 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
How to Make It
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, vodka, sugar, salt and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in whipping cream. Heat just until hot.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.