- Yield: 2 ¼cups (560 mL)
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole black olives
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole green olives
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) fennel seeds
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) freshly grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp (2 mL) crushed chili flakes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
- Combine the black and green olives, garlic, cumin, fennel seeds, lemon zest, chili flakes and oregano in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into a tall 3-cup (750 mL) jar and add enough olive oil to cover the olives.
- Seal the jar and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days to allow the flavors to meld. Because the olive oil will solidify when chilled, you’ll need to bring the olives to room temperature before serving.