- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound pork liver
- 8 ounces pork stomach lining, soaked in water
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, ground
- Bay leaves
- ¼ cup white wine
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
- Finely chop the garlic and sage, mix with the ground fennel seeds and bread crumbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the liver into big chunks, and dredge in the seasoning.
- Wrap each liver chunk with the stomach lining, and thread through skewers (preferably rosemary sprigs), alternating the liver with bay leaves.
- In a skillet, warm 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the liver skewers and cook on both sides for about 15 minutes. Deglaze with the wine, and cook until the wine reduces. Serve hot.
- Cooked white beans, pureed with a bit of olive oil and some of the cooking juices from the liver, as well as some turnips cooked in the liver sauce, make great side dishes.