Crispy bacon and soft rice gives this onigiri a wonderful contrast of textures. It goes well with onion or chicken soup. Mixing it with a large pinch of black pepper will make this onigiri perfect for pairing with beer!
- Yield: 8
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 17 oz (480 g) Cooked Japanese short grain rice, cooled
- 2 tbsp Chopped chives
How to Make It
- Put olive oil and garlic in a frying pan and turn on the heat. Cook until garlic is fragrant, then add bacon and sauté until bacon is crisp. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and drain well.
- Combine rice, bacon and chives in a bowl and mix well. Place cling wrap in a rice bowl and scoop one-eighth of the rice mixture into bowl. Pull out rice together with cling wrap and mould rice into your preferred shape. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.