A firm friends and family favourite. Here is the trick to perfectly crispy sweet potatoes, time after time. This is such a simple, but tasty meal and so easy to prepare.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- Total Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 4 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 spring onion finely chopped (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 220C (425F). Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Make a set of 3-4 mm (1/8”) slices along each sweet potato, cutting about two thirds of the way through.
- Mix together the butter, thyme, oil, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper in a mixing bowl. Coat the potatoes completely with the mix, ensuring you coat in between the slices.
- Place on the baking tray and roast in the oven until the centre of the sweet potatoes are tender and the outside is crisp for about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Halfway through the roasting time, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and gently run a fork across the tops of the potatoes, to fan the slices and separate them.
- Now, stir the yogurt and optional spring onions with a pinch salt and pepper. Serve the sauce on the side with the sweet potatoes. Serve hot.