- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 10 ml olive oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ml fresh thyme leaves
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 2.5 ml salt
- 180 g Basic Tomato Sauce, not blended but heated
- 45 ml butter, at room temperature
- 60 g Parmesan, grated, plus extra for serving
- 1 ml freshly ground black pepper
- ½ French loaf
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the celery with a pinch of salt until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables, thyme, vegetable stock and salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Mix the softened butter, Parmesan and black pepper together.
- Slice the French loaf and spread generously with the Parmesan butter.
- Bake in the oven until crispy and melty.
- If preferred, blend the soup first and then dish it into serving bowls. Add 30 g (±2 tablespoons) of basic (unblended) tomatoes and a piece of Parmesan toast to each bowl.
- Serve with extra grated Parmesan on the side.