- Yield: 1 liter
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 60 g white sugar
- 360 ml water
- 4–5 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 lemon zest
- 360 ml Basic Lemon Cordial
How to Make It
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium to high heat, just until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat.
- Add the thyme leaves and lemon zest. Allow to infuse for 10–15 minutes until the flavours are developed. Stir in the lemon cordial and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer to a plastic container, then cover and freeze overnight.
- For the best results, remove the sorbet from the freezer every hour for 6 hours and beat. This will make the sorbet smoother and less icy.
- Alternatively, pour the cooled mixture into an ice-cream machine and churn until frozen.