- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 package (7 oz) elbow macaroni (2½ cups)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk or half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Gently stir macaroni into cheese sauce.
- Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.