- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- ½ cup water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chicken or beef broth base
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1½ pounds okra, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
- In the Instant Pot, combine ¼ cup of the water, the tomatoes and their juices, onions, vinegar, garlic, broth base, paprika, salt, and allspice. Add the okra on top; do not stir.
- Secure the lid on the pot. Close the pressure-release valve. Select manual and set the pot at high pressure for 2 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, allow the pot to sit undisturbed for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the tomato paste in the remaining ¼ cup water. Gently stir the tomato paste mixture and the lemon juice into the pot.