Ah, finally, you no longer have to choose which one you want… two for the price of one!
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten with a Fork
- ⅓ cup Canned Mushrooms, Drained and Sliced
- ¼ cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp Dried Italian Herb Mix
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Can Pizza Sauce (8 oz)
- ¼ cup Sliced Olives
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 8 Man–sized Chunks of French Bread
- ¼ cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated (1 oz)
How to Make It
- Build your charcoal grill and get the coals to a med–high heat.
- For gas, preheat at full blast and then set the temp to med– hot. Cover and grill as for charcoal. Patties
- Combine the beaten egg, mushrooms, bread crumbs, milk, seasoning, and salt. Mix in the meat and shape into four patties, ¾ʺ thick. Cook
- Grill until internal temp is 160°F (14 –18 mins.), turning once at the halfway point. Toast the bread in the last few minutes of cooking the meat. The sauce
- Put the olives and pizza sauce in a little pot and cook until the olives are heated through. To Serve
- Serve burgers between slices of bread with the pizza and olive sauce and sprinkle with a bit of cheese.