- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped; reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped, reserve a few slices for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, for garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the scallions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add water, potatoes, cumin, basil, tomato, red pepper, salt, and pepper and boil for approximately 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender or food processor with ½ cup of the cooking water and purée until smooth.
- Return mixture to saucepan and stir well.
- Garnish with sliced red pepper, tomato and dill.