Sprouting seeds are bursting with nutrients and low in calories, making this superfood dish superlight as well as superhealthy.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 ounces mixed seed and bean sprouts, such as alfalfa, mung beans, soybeans, aduki beans, chickpeas, and radish seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 crisp, sweet apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 finely grated unwaxed lemon juice and zest
- ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
How to Make It
- Put the seed and bean sprouts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and sesame seeds into a large bowl. Stir in the apple and dried apricots, lemon zest, and walnuts.
- To make the dressing, put the lemon juice and the oil in a small bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Stir the dressing into the salad, then serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.