This rice pudding is so tasty, especially when served with hot tea or coffee, to warm you up on cold days. Organic rice Makes the dish healthier, with fewer additives used in its production.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 55 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 Hours
- ¾ cup of rice, long-grain
- 1½ cups of water, filtered
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 4 cups of milk, 2%
- ½ cup of brown sugar,
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. of ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 cup of raisins
How to Make It
- Combine the water, salt and rice in large sized saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Once it reaches boil, reduce the heat down to low. Simmer till rice absorbs all water.
- Add the milk, cinnamon and sugar to rice. Leave uncovered and cook on med. heat. Stir frequently.
- After pudding has reached creamy but thick consistency (this takes a half-hour or so), remove from heat. Add and stir raisins and vanilla.
- Transfer mixture to large sized bowl. Cover. Refrigerate for two to four hours, till it is cool and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.