You catch a little heat at the end of this nut mix, but it’s the sweet that you notice first.
- Yield: 7 Servings
- 4 cups nuts of choice
For the Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil (use aquafaba to make oil-free)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika (regular or smoked)
How to Make It
To make the Sauce
- Oil the crock of your slow cooker or use parchment paper to keep oil-free. Whisk the sauce ingredients together in the slow cooker until blended. Add the nuts and stir to coat.
- Make sure your slow cooker is not more than three-fourths of the way full. Cook on high, uncovered, for 1 to 1½ hours, or until the nuts becomes crunchy, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes to prevent burning.