- Yield: 24 melts
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- ½ lb (250 g) brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tsp (2 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 4 oz one (120 g) can crabmeat, drained well
- 2 oz (60 g) cold-smoked salmon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh dill or tarragon, plus some sprigs for garnish
- alt, white pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- baguette, cut into 24 ¼-inch (6 mm) rounds
- ¼ lb (125 g) cooked salad shrimp
- cup (250 mL) grated Swiss cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until soft and lightened.
- Mix in the mayonnaise, garlic and hot pepper sauce and beat until smooth. Stir in the crab, salmon, dill or tarragon, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Spread the seafood mixture on the baguette slices and place on the baking sheet. Decorate the top of each melt with the shrimp and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and light golden on top. Arrange on a serving platter, garnish each melt with a dill or tarragon sprig and serve immediately.