Come home to a big bowl of beefy soup packed full with lots of veggies.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup onion (peeled, finely diced)
- 2 carrots (peeled, quartered, sliced)
- 2 stalks celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic (peeled, minced)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 large russet potato (peeled, diced into ½” inch cubes)
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen or fresh green beans (diced)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
How to Make It
- Over moderate-high heat, heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion along with the carrots and celery and cook for between 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Add the beef to the pot and season to taste.
- Cook the meat, using the back of a wooden spoon to break it up until browned all over and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and continue cooking for an additional 30 seconds. Season to taste.
- Next, add the tomato sauce followed by the tomatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, beef and potatoes. Bring to simmer.
- Continue to cook for 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender. Taste and season.
- Stir in the frozen corn along with the green beans and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.