Having leftovers after Thanksgiving doesn’t mean you have to be stuck with sandwiches for days on end. Here’s a fresh take on holiday flavors as a light, healthy salad.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons raspberry or other fruited vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup walnut or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups cooked diced turkey
- 2 cups cooked wild rice (from 2/3 cup uncooked)
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10–12 cups torn mixed salad greens
How to Make It
To make the Vinaigrette
- Combine the cranberry sauce, shallots, vinegar, and orange juice in a blender and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and process until it is completely incorporated. To make the Salad
- Combine the turkey, rice, celery, and onion in a large salad bowl. Pour in the vinaigrette and toss well. Add the greens, gently toss again, and serve.