This is such a simple recipe but so effective and delicious that it can take center stage at your next dinner party for friends. The stuffing and the prosciutto wrapping both help to keep the meat beautifully moist as well as imparting plenty of flavor.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 8 fresh figs, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 recipe quantity Green Salad or a mixed leaf salad, to serve
- Boiled and buttered new potatoes, to serve
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Make a horizontal slit down each chicken breast, making sure you don’t cut right through. Open up the chicken breasts as flat as possible and place each one on 2 slices of prosciutto.
- Mix together the figs and goat cheese, then put one-quarter of the mixture on each chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Fold the chicken over the filling, then wrap the prosciutto around the outside and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the chicken breasts and cook 2 minutes on each side until browned, then transfer to a roasting pan and roast 15 minutes until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Serve hot with a fresh salad and buttered new potatoes.