- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) beets, boiled until tender, cooled, peeled and sliced
- 2½ cups (625 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) horseradish
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream and dill sprigs for garnish
How to Make It
- Process the beets, stock, horseradish, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Ladle into well-chilled soup bowls. Garnish each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a dill sprig. Serve immediately.