- Yield: 4 Dozen
- 2 cups (400 g) superfi ne sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1 can (15 ounce, or 427g) pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice fl our or sorghum flour
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons (9.2 g) baking soda
- 2 teaspoons (4.6 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (175 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (85 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- To make the cookies: With a mixer, cream together the sugar, shortening, pumpkin, and vanilla. Add rice fl our and next 3 ingredients (through cinnamon) and mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. With a spatula, remove cookies to a fl at surface to cool completely.
- To make the topping: In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir until completely smooth. Use a small spoon to drizzle melted chocolate in a crisscross pattern over each cookie. Let cool until chocolate drizzles have hardened.