A couscous good enough to eat on your date with an Eastern European UN diplomat, which is perhaps something his interpreter could convey for you.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced (both white and green parts)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup golden raisins
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Turn off the heat and immediately stir in the couscous. Cover and let stand in the saucepan until the liquid is fully absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the scallions and pine nuts, and cook until the scallions soften and the nuts give off a fragrant aroma, about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork. Add the scallions and pine nuts mixture and the golden raisins, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.