My girls love this recipe and in winter it is our go-to soup. We normally sit around the table for meal times, but when it is soup night they are allowed to sit in front of the television … maybe this is why they love it so much!
- Yield: 6 Servings (makes ±1.2 litres)
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 litre Basic Tomato Sauce
- 45 ml olive oil
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 250 ml good-quality chicken stock
- 10 ml sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 ml finely chopped fresh basil
- Crumbled feta, for garnishing
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to Make It
- Place all the ingredients, except the basil and feta, into a large saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil, and then add the basil.
- Adjust seasoning to taste and pour into serving bowls. Sprinkle with crumbled feta and serve with warm crusty bread.