- Yield: 6 dozen
- 1 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried figs, diced
How to Make It
- Using electric beater, cream butter with honey in a large mixing bowl until smooth & fluffy.
- Add the almond extract, mix well. Add the flour and the nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours or more. Shape into logs or crescents and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 3500 for 15 minutes in a preheated oven. Cool on rack.