Gnocchi is a form of pasta made with boiled potatoes in the dough and it’s simple and fast to make yourself. This pasta is at its best when fried until golden in browned butter, but first it is boiled until al dente like regular pasta.
- Yield: 4 Servings(120 gnocchi0
- 14 oz (400 g) floury potatoes
- 7 oz (200 g) strong flour
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tsp salt
- Butter for frying
How to Make It
- Boil the potatoes in their peels in salted water until completely soft. Drain and let them cool.
- Peel the potatoes and finely grate or press them through a potato ricer.
- Put the flour and potato on a clean work surface and make a well in the middle. Put the egg and salt into the well.
- Knead the flour and potato into the egg. Work the dough until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Boil well-salted water in a pot.
- Divide the dough into 4, then roll each piece out on a floured surface to make a sausage shape about the thickness of a finger. Cut each sausage shape into 30 small pieces. Press every piece lightly with a fork.
- Boil the gnocchi in salted water for a few minutes until they float up to the surface.
- Fry the gnocchi in browned butter before serving them.