I learned several years ago from someone of Greek ancestry that a Greek salad containing lettuce is not considered authentic. This recipe, created loosely from a description given me, contains no lettuce. It may not be the same as a Greek grandma would make, but it is tasty.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ lb (227 g) feta, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, cubed
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Place in refrigerator for several hours to marinate.