- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil for brushing
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the classic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Parmesan cheese for shaving, as needed
- Snipped fresh herbs, such as flat-leaf parsley, basil, chives, and lemon balm
How to Make It
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in your grill.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the asparagus directly over the fire, perpendicular to the grill grates, for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning often, or until crisp-tender. Arrange the asparagus on a platter.
- For the classic vinaigrette, place the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake to blend. Pour the vinaigrette over the asparagus. Use a vegetable peeler to shave the Parmesan, to your liking, over the asparagus and sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve warm or at room temperature.