Combining these two desserts is simply awesome. Especially on a hot day when you need a cool treat. This recipe involves vanilla ice cream but you can swap it out for your favourite flavour or what you have on hand.
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Maraschino Cherries
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 - 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick put into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream and desired toppings.