- Yield: 3 Dozen
- 1 cup (200 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1 cup (200 g) superfine sugar
- 3½ cups (435 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice fl our
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) salt
- ¼ teaspoon (0.6 g) ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup (250 g) canned crushed pineapple with juice
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- With a mixer, cream together the shortening and the sugar. Add the remaining ingredients except the pineapple and mix briefl y. Stir in the pineapple until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until cookies are fi rm to the touch. Let cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a fl at surface to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar (or corn-free recipe on page 43), if desired.