- 16 pieces lamb breast ribs
- 400 g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large sweet red Crimean onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large orange
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp of bayberry
- olive oil "extra virgin"
- salt, black pepper
How to Make It
- Place the cranberries, onion, garlic, orange juice, zest, half of the mixture from the mortar and honey in a saucepan and stir. Cover with lid on low heat bring to a boil.
- Gently (berries sprinkles!) crush with a potato masher a large part of the cranberries. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 15 min. Remove from heat, cool completely, cling film and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- RUB the lamb chops on both sides with salt, pepper and olive oil, let it sit at room temperature for 1 h. Then put the chops on a work surface and lightly whisk with a pestle or handle of a heavy knife. Wrap the end of each bone with a piece of foil.
- Season the meat on both sides with the remaining mixture from the mortar (better to grind the spices more carefully) rubbing it with your fingers.
- Preheat the oven to 100°C. Cover a baking sheet with foil. Heat a griddle pan without oil. Batches fry the chops over a high heat for 2.5 minutes on each side and transfer to a baking sheet while baking the rest. Serve with sauce.