- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 raw lobster tails
- Radicchio leaves
- Fresh dill sprigs, to garnish
For the Mayonnaise
- 1 large lemon
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
How to Make It
- To make the lemon-dill mayonnaise, finely grate half the lemon rind and squeeze the juice. Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl, then beat in the mustard and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice.
- Using a balloon whisk or electric mixer, beat the oil into the egg yolk mixture, drop by drop, until a thick mayonnaise forms. Stir in the lemon rind and 1 tablespoon of the remaining lemon juice.
- Season the mayonnaise to taste with salt and pepper and add more lemon juice if desired. Stir in the dill, cover, and let chill in the refrigerator until required.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the lobster tails, return to a boil, and cook for 6 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and the shells are red. Drain at once and set aside to cool.
- Remove the lobster flesh from the shells and cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange the radicchio leaves on individual plates and top with the lobster flesh. Place a spoonful of the lemon-dill mayonnaise on the side. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.