- Yield: 2
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 3 cm (½ in) thick slices of wholegrain bread
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche (sour cream)
- 4¼ oz ¾ cup (120 g) finely crumbled feta
- 4½ 1¼ cups (125 g) finely grated parmesan
- 4½ oz 1¼ cups (125 g) grated mature cheddar
- 1 spring onion (scallion), finely shredded into long strips
- big knob of butter
- glug of olive oil
How to Make It
- Spread a slice of bread with half the crème fraîche, then top with half of all the cheeses, followed by the spring onion. Season with salt and pepper, then place another slice of bread on top and press down firmly, so you won’t lose too much cheese out the sides when you’re cooking your toastie. Spread the remainder of the crème fraîche over this slice of bread, then sprinkle over the rest of the cheeses, and finish with the last slice of bread, again pressing down firmly.
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan for a moment or two, then cook your toastie over medium–high heat for 2–3 minutes on each side, or until the cheese has started to melt and the bread is crisp and golden. Serve straightaway.