This dessert is adapted from a recipe in Cheryl Sternman Rule’s book Yogurt Culture. The yogurt only has three ingredients, so it’s important to use the best you can get.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp demerara or turbinado sugar
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 oz Valrhona or Callebaut milk chocolate, melted over a double boiler
- 2 cups plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine oats, sesame seeds, sugar, cinnamon, and ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together cocoa, honey, and oil in a saucepan over medium until honey and cocoa melt together. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread onto prepared baking sheet; bake at 300°F for 15 minutes. Stir the granola to break it apart, and bake another 12 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely. Crumble the granola.
- Place melted chocolate in a medium glass bowl. Gradually whisk in yogurt until smooth. (If chocolate starts to seize up, return bowl to double boiler, and stir constantly over low heat until smooth.) Stir in remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Cover and chill yogurt mixture 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- Divide yogurt mixture among 8 parfait glasses; top with granola and blueberries.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.