This one-pan meal is flavored with an aromatic blend of cumin, curry, and turmeric and served over fluffy rice.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Small piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 medium zucchini squash, diced
- 4 oz (100 g) green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced, about 4 oz (100 g) in total
- 15 oz oz (425 g) can chickpeas
- 12 oz (340 g) extra firm tofu, cubed
- 13.5 oz (398 g) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
How to Make It
- In large, non-stick sauté pan, melt coconut oil over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and sauté for 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add the carrot and zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add the green beans and mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. When the mushrooms begin to brown, add the chickpeas and tofu and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the coconut milk, cumin, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Stir together and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
- To assemble the meals, add 1⁄2 cup cooked basmati rice to each of 4 meal prep containers. Scoop the curry over the rice, dividing it evenly among the containers.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.