- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced (about 3 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ¼ cup canned tomato paste
- 1 can (28 oz) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 carton (32 oz) beef broth
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (16 oz) spaghetti
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
How to Make It
- In Dutch oven or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook onions,n carrots and salt in oil 5 to 8 minutes or until softened. Add beef; cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Stir in tomato paste and tomatoes. Stir in broth, pepper flakes and Italian seasoning; heat to simmering. Break pasta in half, then thoroughly rinse under cold water. Add pasta to simmering liquid, covering completely. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 13 to 15 minutes or until pasta is soft and sauce is reduced slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Top with cheese and basil.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.