- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 6 oz (170 g) butter, softened
- 1 orange zest
- 1 orange juice
- ½ tsp orange essence
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 3 oz (85 g) toasted pecans, finely chopped
- 10 oz (280 g) Brussels Sprouts, shredded
- 10 oz (280 g) cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup 4 fl oz water
How to Make It
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, orange zest and juice, orange essence, sea salt, pepper and pecans until completely combined. It takes a little effort to bring it all together. Hang in there. This is enough for 2 batches of Brussels, so keep the remainder in ‘fridge.
- Place the Brussels, cabbage and water in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook for about 12 - 15 minutes, until crisp-tender. You do not want soggy greens.
- Drain really well and return to the hot pan. Add the orange pecan butter and toss the greens well until completely coated.