- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 crisp lettuce
- ¼ small white cabbage
- 2 papayas
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 oz/25 g roasted peanuts, chopped roughly
- 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- Basil leaves, to garnish
For the dressing
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce or light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh red or green chile
How to Make It
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, fish sauce or soy sauce, lime or lemon juice, sugar and chile. Set aside, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Shred the lettuce and white cabbage, then toss together and arrange on a large serving plate.
- Peel the papayas and slice them in half. Scoop out the seeds, then slice the flesh thinly. Arrange on top of the lettuce and cabbage.
- Soak the tomatoes in a bowl of boiling water for 1 minute, then lift out and peel. Remove the seeds and slice the flesh. Arrange on the salad greens.
- Scatter the peanuts and scallions over the top. Whisk the dressing and pour over the salad. Garnish with basil leaves and serve at once.