- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 to 2¼ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans beef broth
- ⅓ cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Grated Cheddar, sour cream, and chopped jalapeños, for topping (optional)
How to Make It
- Brown the beef in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic. Gradually add the broth, scraping up any browned bits; bring to a boil. Add the chili powder, cumin, and tomatoes; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the beans, salt, and vinegar. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes more. Serve topped with Cheddar, sour cream, and chopped jalapeños (if desired).