To our ancient hunter-gatherer ancestors, berries were the ultimate treat. From branch to belly, these little bundles of joy provided a powerful dose of energy along with antioxidants and their fair share of fiber. Today you can reap the same benefits! This smoothie is homage to our Paleo friends’ favorite snack with a combination of tasty berries freshened up with some delicious herbs.
- Yield: 2 Servings
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/3 cups fresh strawberries, cored
- ½ cup fresh cranberries
- ½ each large banana
- Fresh parsley leaves - ¼ cup, loosely packed
- Fresh mint leaves - ¼ cup, loosely packed
- Fresh mint sprigs, garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except the garnish in a high powered blender.
- Start on low, and then increase the speed to high. Blend until smooth. Garnish
- Place a fresh mint sprig into each glass and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.