When cauliflower is roasted, the tips of the florets take on a delicately crisp texture and toasty flavor while the interior becomes tender and buttery. Plain, roasted cauliflower is wonderful. Seasoned with Indian spices, it’s divine.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow or black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 pound), cored and cut into florets
- 2 small bunches baby carrots with tops (about 10 ounces total), tops trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15×10×1-inch baking pan with foil; set aside. In a large bowl stir together oil, mustard seeds, sugar, ginger, turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Add cauliflower and carrots to bowl; toss to coat. Transfer to prepared baking pan. Roast about 30 minutes or until tender and vegetables begin to brown on edges, stirring twice.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over vegetables.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.