This red-hued version of the Greek-style dip is flavored with sweet and smoky-tasting roasted red pepper. Serve it as an appetizer with wedges of pita and raw vegetables, such as cucumber slices, carrot sticks and cauliflower florets.
- Yield: 2 cups (500 mL)
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 19 oz (540 mL) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 Tbsp (45–60 mL) olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) tahini
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
How to Make It
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Spoon into a decorative bowl.
- The dip can be made a day or two in advance of serving; cover and refrigerate. Drizzle the hummus with a little olive oil before serving.