This salad just screams summer. The combined taste of caramelized onions, peaches, and Stilton cheese is amazing. And when paired with the Peach Vinaigrette, this salad is a keeper. If you can’t find Stilton easily, substitute another variety of blue cheese like Gorgonzola, Roquefort, or Danish Blue.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 small red onion, peeled, halved, and sliced
- ½ cup walnut halves
- 4 peaches, quartered
- Canola oil, for brushing
- 6 cups baby spinach
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Peach Vinaigrette
- ½ cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and spread out in the pan.
- Cook, stirring only occasionally, for about 30 minutes, or until brown. Set aside.
- In a dry sauté pan over medium heat, toast the walnuts for about 2 minutes, until they smell toasty and appear darker in color.
- Brush the peaches with oil. In a grill pan on the stovetop, or over a hot outdoor grill, grill peaches on the flesh surfaces until grill marks form, 4–5 minutes. Allow peaches to slightly cool then slice.
- Arrange the spinach in a large salad bowl or platter; sprinkle with onions, peaches, and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss lightly. Add the cheese and serve.