- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 loaf vienna bread
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten well
How to Make It
- Cut the ends off the bread to get a rectangular loaf. Cut four 11⁄2"-thick slices from the bread. Cut the ends in half. Take a skinny knife and cut a pocket into the bread.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, honey, and salt. Use a knife to spread one-quarter of the cream cheese in each bread pocket. Place several strawberry pieces in each pocket. Take one of the chunks cut from the end of the loaf and wedge it into the pocket opening.
- Place a griddle over medium heat; once it’s heated, melt the butter evenly across the surface of the griddle.
- Carefully dunk each slice of bread into the egg, making sure all of the bread is coated. Carefully place the cut end of the bread on the griddle and cook for 2 minutes before laying the bread on its side. This seals the opening to prevent the cheese from leaking out. Repeat with each slice, cooking the bread for 3–4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve immediately.