A lot of energy-bite snacks use either oats or dried fruit as a base. If you’re simple looking for a quick way to eat a good protein and fat combo, power up with these bites. Don’t let their cuteness fool you they taste like dessert but will keep you trim.
- Yield: 12
- 2 scoops vegan protein powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ tablespoon granulated stevia
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12-hole heart-shaped chocolate mould or silicone ice tray (optional)
- Put the protein powder, coconut flour and stevia in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- If your coconut oil is solid, gently melt it in a saucepan or pot set over a medium heat until liquefied.
- Pour the melted coconut oil, tahini and vanilla into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Scoop the batter into the mould or roll into small balls. Cover and put in the fridge to chill for at least 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Turn out the bites from the mould and enjoy.